Monday, May 28

Sheridans Food festival



Yesterday was Sheridans Food Festival
there were so many things I was looking forward to
and it did not disappoint

This really is an exciting time for food in Ireland
I was blown away by not only the quality but also the quantity of
incredible food producers here

The cheese selection was amazzzzzingggg
and I love my cheese
There were also fantastic breads
good coffee

a new to me tea label

Some of them smelled so good I could have worn them as perfume
I purchased the Morrocan mint....... delicious

There were Food "celebrities "
including Donal Skehan 
and the Doyenne of the irish food movement herself

If you don't already own her book then you must go and buy it
Indeed any of her books, they are all must haves and ones you will go back to again and again

As well as food there were a small number of non food items
including my Friend Vanessa from
Very Pure soap


I use the face oil and oil cleanser and they are really great products
especially if you have sensitive skin

THE Highlight of the day though had to be finally meeting
Imen
from
I Married an Irish Farmer
......and her son

Imen did a cookery demonstration
chicken with honey dressing
and little potato and cheese tartiflettes
(not really sure what to call them )
But they were both YUMMY
the recipes will be up on her blog soon


I also purchased some of
Keogh's  hand cooked crisps = yum
A pottery bowl
some Dunany Rye bread (kicking myself for not getting some of their flour too) 
Coolea cheese
Killeen cheese
and
Clonmore cheese
as I said I like cheese


we all do

So good job Sheridans
I will be back again next time 

x x

3 comments:

  1. Hello Helen
    What a perfect day. Your choice in cheeses tempts me greatly and that bread is new to me.
    That looks like a new book by Darina Allen. I have several of her books and her mother's too. This I shall add to my wish list. Thank you for sharing and I shall visit your friend Imen's blog. A beautiful photo of her and her son.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so lovely. I can think of few better ways to spend a quiet weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks divine. I'm going on a diet now so I can live on a bread and cheese diet when I'm home in August!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails